The English Homeroom Teacher is the lead teacher, who is primarily responsible for the progress of a class of students. He/she applies advanced educational methods to teach the elementary curriculum and cultivate student learning.
1. Organizes the classroom and learning resources to create a positive learning environment.
2. Sets teaching objectives and creates lessons planned aligned to curriculum.
3. Develops and implements teaching strategies to meet objectives.
4. Raises professional advice and feedback to students’ learning progress.
5. Conducts student assessment, records, evaluates, and reports on student development.
6. Maintains regular and positive communication with parents, sharing updates on student progress.
7. Motivates students with enthusiastic, imaginative class activities.
8. Works collaboratively with others to plan and coordinate learning activities.
9. Participates in school events and functions.
10. Additional duties assigned or determined as needed.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Familiarity with Common Core, Guided Reading, and/ or Readers and Writers Workshop is an advantage.
• Comes across as friendly, warm, and courteous.
• Adapts quickly to different cultures and new environments.
• Outstanding interpersonal communication and teamwork skills.
• Mature, patient, responsible with a good sense of humor and good rapport with children.
• A passion for educating young students and a keen interest in their development.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 7:40AM – 4:30PM. Additional hours on weekends may be required for special events.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Native English speaker（from USA, Canada, British, Australia, New Zealand, etc.）
2. Bachelor or above degree (education or language major) is required
3. Valid teaching certification
4. Exhibits self-motivation, high work standards and attention to detail.
5. Minimum 2 years of experience as a lead classroom teacher.