Cayman International School
CIS is an extremely high-quality and progressive educational institution. The CIS mission is framed by key concepts “Connect, Inspire, Serve,” and its foundations are based on a clear set of Learning and Community Principles. CIS is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the following position for the 2020-21 School Year:
Elementary Reading Support Teacher
Salary: CI$49,000-$65,500 per annum
The Elementary Reading Support Teacher is responsible for educating children holistically, guiding them in the process of becoming adept learners, supporting Elementary students with exceptional learning challenges and assisting teachers in the process of educating these students. Under the direction of the principal, the responsibilities of the position fall into two categories. As a teacher, the reading specialist is responsible for providing direct instruction to students, individually or in small groups, to enable students to develop literacy skills. As a literacy leader, the position is responsible for implementing a comprehensive literacy program at the assigned school through coaching, supporting, and guiding teachers in best practices for literacy instruction. The successful candidate is required to have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education (Master’s preferred)
- Specialized technical qualifications in the area of literacy and/or reading, writing.
- Knowledge of learning theory in elementary reading.
- Experience in developing and delivering professional development to teachers.
- Ability to work cooperatively with professional staff, parents, and community groups.
- Training from an Education program with a US-based curricular focus
- Prior experience as a teacher in a standard K-12 educational setting
- Minimum of two years’ experience teaching in a US-based school or International School with US-based or International Baccalaureate curriculum
The Recruitment Team at CIS will be involved in the search for this position. While the deadline for submission of complete applications on Schrole is listed as February 15, 2020 below, candidates are asked to submit their full application and complete all necessary application steps as early as possible, as CIS reserves the right to close the selection process at any time if an ideal candidate is found. It is anticipated that a final selection will be made by February 2020, if not sooner.