Provide school counseling services that promote students’ personal, social, spiritual and educational development in accordance with recognized standard of practice for international school counselors.
It is understood in carrying out these responsibilities that the counselor supports the school mission which follows: Dedicating our minds to inquiry, our hearts to compassion, and our lives to service and global understanding: An American style education grounded in the Christian faith and respecting the spiritual lives of all.
· Masters or advanced degree in Counseling or equivalent (School Counseling preferred)
· Required minimum of five years experience as a counselor in a school context at the relevant grade/age level. Additional experience leading parent and student groups within a culturally diverse setting preferred.
· Specific experience relevant to requirements of the respective division
· Solid counseling knowledge and skills
· Ability to facilitate groups, both students and adults
· Excellent interpersonal skills in order to collaborate with faculty, parents, students, and administrators
· Ability to interpret individual and group assessment data to families and faculty
· Skilled in the use of technology for student planning and documentation
· As a school grounded in the Christian faith, we hire Christian teachers and administrators as well as those of other faiths. HKIS seeks to hire candidates who are interested in the complex questions of faith and spirituality and who are keen to learn and interact with others of different faith traditions.