The Director of Data and Analytics is responsible for supporting evidence-based academic programming and driving efficiency and performance in non-academic areas.
The Director of Data and Analytics works collaboratively with the divisional administration, the divisional Curriculum & Professional Learning Coordinators, and the ICT Office. Reporting to Head of School, he/she is responsible for ensuring that there is a robust collection of actionable data throughout the school in both academic and non-academic areas. The Director of Data and Analytics supports school leaders and trustees to interpret and make decisions based on the data collected throughout ISB
Data and Analytics
· Work with the Head of School to create and continuously improve a comprehensive strategy for collecting, managing, and using data
· Develop, maintain, and disseminate role-specific training for all staff members on utilizing data systems, tools, and reports
· Collaborate with school and program leaders to develop and implement data cycles that drive continuous improvement
· Support the administration, collection and interpretation of internal and external student, staff, and family surveys
· Prepares reports at regular intervals for directors and trustees based on the academic and non-academic data
· Perform annual internal audits of every academic and non-academic functional area to ensure proper data collection procedures.
· Perform any other associated duties as assigned
· Monitor school systems to ensure proper data procedures for data handling and extraction are being followed
· Recommend and maintain school-wide data analysis systems
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· A minimum of a bachelor’s degree; master’s degree is preferable
· Strong organizational skills
· Working knowledge of Educational best practices as applied to data extraction, manipulation, analysis and
· Using data to coach teachers and drive student achievement
· Strong knowledge of advanced Excel spreadsheet functions (e.g index matches/vlookup, visual basic scripting, etc.)
· Be able to perform applied statistical research, analyze data and create reports (distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.)
· Experience with ad-hoc data visualization and communication for different types of stakeholders, including but not limited to school leaders, educators, parents, funders, etc.
· Plan and prioritize workload requirements including scheduling and organizing multiple tasks
· Effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
· Supporting a wide-range of technically skilled stakeholder groups to become more comfortable utilizing data to drive results in their school or area of responsibility
· Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Consulting with principals and whole school to improve student learning using data
· Data engineering and architecture experience a plus, including data validation, developing data products
· Experience with building data sets that function through interoperability of the different data platforms across divergent systems