We are seeking a Guidance Head of Department for the Upper School. The Upper School Guidance Department is built upon a comprehensive guidance counselling model in which most counsellors function as Social/Emotional Counsellors and College/Careers Counsellors.
- Manage and lead a team of 9 individuals: 6 Guidance Counsellors, 1 Social/Emotional Counsellor and 2 Administrative Assistants
- Coordinate the counselling program for Upper School (Gr.6 through Gr.12) and ensure alignment with Ontario’s Pathway to Success program
- Collaborate with IBDP and MYP Coordinators, School Psychologist, and Learning Support Coordinator to provide student support services
- Collaborate with the Lower School counselling team to ensure a whole school approach to guidance and social emotional development
University Counselling and Academic Guidance:
- Oversee the admissions process for graduating cohort (approx. 120 students) under ‘best fit’ philosophy
- Hold familiarity with global university application systems ( e.g. Canada, USA, UK, Hong Kong, Australia, China, Japan, Korea, Ireland, France, Netherlands, Spain, Singapore)
- Have knowledge to support and guide students with admissions to highly selective institutions
- Counsel Gr.10 through Gr.12 students with course selections and monitor academic progress including report card reviews
- Facilitate regular check-in meetings to determine students’ emotional well-being, short-term and long-term goal setting, individual learning needs and academic pathways
- Counsel and/or case manage students with elevated social and emotional needs
- Create preventative and transitional lessons for Gr.12 Student Advisory program
- At least 3 years as Head (or equivalent) of Guidance in a similar sized school where most of the students will apply to universities globally
- A Master’s degree in counselling or equivalent
-A comprehensive understanding of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma programme is an asset (e.g. OSSD course coding, credit checks, diploma requirements, transcript and OSR management)
CDNIS reserves the right to make an appointment at any time, even before the deadline mentioned if an exceptional candidate is identified early in the process. For this reason, interested candidates are encouraged to apply at the earliest possible time.
Personal data is collected and used for recruitment purposes only.