Homeroom Teacher for Upper Primary
Position: Primary Homeroom Teacher & Specialist Teacher
Reporting to: Primary School Principal and Vice Principal
1. Job Summary
The Teacher is responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity and the desire to fulfil their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, spiritual and psychological growth. This person is responsible for organizing and implementing an instructional program that will result in students achieving academic success in accordance with the Panyaden curricula. Planning and delivery of the program will be shared with a Thai teacher.
2. Duties and Responsibilities (Specify main duties and responsibilities required for this position including work planning and job assignment)
School Wide Level
- Embraces and puts in action the school vision and philosophy of education.
- Maintains effective and efficient administrative records required.
- Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
- Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community.
- Models spiritual maturity in leading students in their spiritual growth in accordance with the 12 Panyaden Wise Habits.
- Participates in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, school representation, clubs and student organizations.
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with students, parents, fellow teachers and other school personnel.
- Participates in training and presentations offered after school or on weekends.
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honouring schedules, coordinating.
- Actively participates in meetings as required.
- Shows flexibility with job assignment and time requirements.
- Actively works on improving communication skills in both languages used at PYD.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by his supervisor.
- Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centres.
- Implements instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Uses a variety of instruction strategies, such as inquiry, group discussion, lecture, discovery, etc.
- Manages the classroom in accordance with the PYD guidelines and establishes and maintains standards of student behaviour needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Submits a year plan and a weekly lesson plan that fulfil the PYD curricula.
- Keep up to date with developments in the subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant suggestions to PYD and changes to instructional plans and activities.
- Evaluates students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
- Maintains current student achievement records and reports to parents and administrators when required.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with the state testing program. All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established as part of the annual performance planning process or as the result of organizational planning.
3. Decision Making & Authority (Describe decisions the job holder is authorized to make, areas where recommendations are made and limitations either procedural organizational or legal, Decision-making power and email sending)
- Collaborate with co-homeroom teacher to discuss students, speak with parents, and write student reports
- Collaborate with the other Thai homeroom in the age-band to plan
- Sending emails to parent
- Complies with the ‘Teaching in the Primary at Panyaden’ policy
4. Personal Development
- Continual development through the identification and implementation of your own Personal Development Plan
- Improved performance
- Performance appraisal
- Personal Development Plan
- Each individual must ensure that they respect, support and teach the Buddhist Principles of the school
- Each individual must participate in the five-day meditation retreat organised by the school for the staff member’s personal growth.
- Any other appropriate duties as allocated by the supervisor
- Valued member of the team and organisation
The job holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom s/he is responsible, or with whom s/he comes into contact will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the relevant Panyaden International School Safeguarding Policy, Child Protection Policy and Procedures at all times. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the role, the job holder identifies any instance that a child is suffering or likely to suffer significant harm either at school or at home, s/he must report any concern to the Head Teacher or indeed to the Head of School so that a referral can be made accordingly to the relevant third party services.
7. Key competencies
- Teaching skills
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills
- Works independently with little direct supervision
- Works as part of a team
- Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated
- Demonstrates strong work ethic to achieve academy goals
- Displays effective multitasking and time management skills
- Utilizes all required and recommended PYD computer applications
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Homeroom and second language teaching experience at least 3 year
- Certified in relevant subject area
- Buddhist principles knowledge required
- Specialist knowledge according to teaching purpose: music, art, perfuming art, PE etc.