JOB GOAL / PURPOSE:
• As ISB implements new programs and supports more diverse learners, in order to best support teachers with implementation and teaching strategies.
• To collaborate with elementary teachers, the ES Principal, the Office of Learning (OOL) and other curriculum support positions to support implementation of new programs with a focus on Balanced Literacy, tier one instruction, early intervention, differentiation and use of data to drive instruction via coaching, mentoring, modeling and co-teaching.
• To collaborate with classroom teachers to create and implement relevant, authentic learning experiences around curriculum, instruction and assessment by providing support through research, resources and professional development
• To support strong academic development across the K-5 curriculum.
• To support the development of a vision and process around Instructional Coaching at ISB
• To support the development and establishment of a culture of coaching and workshop models at ISB
• ES Teachers
• Curricular alignment and articulation through continuous communication and work with vertical curricular teams, team facilitators, grade level teams, and individual teachers
• Teachers in the development, administration, interpretation and analysis of assessments, including facilitation of data protocols that result in program evaluation, instructional shifts and improved student achievement
• The Elementary Curriculum Coordinator with coaching support to ES teachers for targeted academic support.
Professional Learning by:
• Providing training for teachers and leaders with a focus on evidence-based practices, aligned with school-based instructional initiatives, with the goal of moving individuals across a continuum of pedagogical competence towards independence and exemplary practice
• Conducting workshops for teachers in identified areas of learning related to literacy instruction, phonics instruction, diversity-responsive strategies, SIOP planning and instruction, and differentiation.
• Identifying areas of growth for teachers in order to further develop and strengthen teaching and assessment methods and practices
• Researching, selecting, procuring, creating and managing effective instructional resources and high-quality exemplars for teachers
• Promoting initiatives in collaboration with the Office of Learning and ES Principal
• Offering new teacher orientation workshops and transition activities in order to develop a shared understanding of key curriculum, instructional resources and assessment practices
• Any other school identified areas for growth or development
• A shared understanding of key curriculum, instructional resources and assessment practices among the faculty, in conjunction with the Office of Learning and the ES Principal
• Plans that will support the growth, confidence and professional competence of teachers in the delivery of curriculum units
• Use of documentation tools, such as photo, video, articles or blog posts, to document instructional practices with the goal of communicating to stakeholders and facilitate future professional development
• Grade level team meetings
• Faculty meetings
• ES leadership team meetings as needed
• Curriculum and Professional Learning meetings as needed
• ES vertical curriculum area leaders
• ES Team Facilitators
• ES Curriculum Coordinator
• Office of Learning on schoolwide initiatives and professional learning for faculty and staff
• ES Principal and Assistant Principals
• in professional learning to support their own learning and the various initiatives of the school
• in positive relationships to continue the development, implementation, and assessment of the ISB curriculum and schoolwide teaching and learning priorities
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• A degree in Education and current teaching certification
• 5 years of successful classroom teaching experience and proven interest in teacher leadership
• Strong written, verbal and digital communication skills
• Skilled use and analysis of data to enhance/transform learning and teaching
• Successful experience with curriculum development and collaboration within a Professional
• Demonstrates professional knowledge, skills and abilities in content, pedagogical, and technological areas as well as adult learning and leadership
• Demonstrates an understanding and respect for a diversity of cultures and language learners
• Excellent leadership, organizational, communication, interpersonal and planning skills
• Advanced understanding and experience with MTSS, Balanced Literacy Programs, Readers and Writers Workshop Model, differentiation instructional strategies, SIOP and use of data to inform instructional decisions.
• Trained and demonstrated experience with SIOP and Readers and Writers Workshop preferred
• Demonstrated coaching and/or leadership experience preferred