To support our Secondary team, we are looking for an adaptable and inspiring Vice Principal Student Support, Wellbeing and Engagement.
This role will be pivotal in continuing to develop our inclusive culture of learning. At BMS, our focus is on developing the full potential of our students. We provide support for students in their academic and social-emotional growth during a critical time period in their development by fostering an environment where they feel safe, encouraged and empowered to participate in the full life of the school. Pastoral Care is central to our approach.
The Vice Principal is a member of the Secondary School Leadership Team, reporting directly to the Secondary School Principal. He/She is responsible for organizing and facilitating the functioning of the Secondary School as it relates to student support, wellbeing and engagement. The Vice Principal is also the designated Child Protection Leader for the Secondary School.
THE EXCITING CHALLENGE
Developing our vision for student support, wellbeing and engagement at BMS.
Leading the community in building a shared understanding of how student wellbeing policies and practice support student learning.
Ensuring the effective induction of new staff in the policy and practice of student wellbeing.
Leading and organizing professional development in support of student support, wellbeing and engagement.
Leading and managing the work of our wellbeing and support teams, including:
- the work of tutors through the Heads of Grades
- medical support, through the nurse
- emotional and psychological support, through the school counsellor
- the Learning Support Team
Promotion and support of student leadership (including the BMS House system).
Leading our restorative approach to behavior management.
Actively monitoring and following-up on learning goals articulated in individual student wellbeing programmes.
Coaching and counseling students regarding emotional, academic, social or behavioural concerns.
- Degree(s) in education with qualifications in Educational Administration advantageous
- Demonstrated secondary teaching and leadership experience
- IB experience preferred
- Positive and supportive attitude
- Self-motivated and goal focused
- Proficient in oral and written English
- Working knowledge of oral and written German advantageous
- Proficient communication technology skill
- Student-centered approach to teaching and learning
We look forward to your application incl. CV and all relevant certficates/degrees as well as completed references.