Welcome to an educational experience that encourages collaboration, achieving excellence, and a clear path to college and careers. Welcome to a place where every student is provided with a personalized, project based student-centered learning experience, unique in-school, and online environments with 24/7 live access to educators.
WAY provides young people with a world-class education and the tools for success in life after graduating with an American high school diploma. WAY is changing the way students are being taught, by embracing the way they already learn.
WAY American School is a network of AdvancEd accredited schools throughout China. We offer an exemplary educational experience and open a world of opportunity for our students. WAY continues to grow in size and impact and we are always looking for great people to join our team.
Purpose of Job:
An expert is a certified teacher in a specific content area and is in charge of creating engaging projects and learning opportunities for students, using the provided curriculum that follows U.S. national and common core standards. They work with a cohort of students as a part of a multidisciplinary team to ensure academic growth and development. Our school is a school within a school, exact location and schedule depends on new openings, you can see our locations below. In China, we're partnered with one of the most prominent international schools in China, Bright Scholar, and have classrooms within the school. Our program is embedded into students' daily schedule, so teachers teach four forty-minute classes. Teachers are also expected to sponsor a student interest or academic club 1-2 times per week. All our curriculum is online and project-based. Lessons should generally consist of a language developing activity, then content based activities and engagement, and some work time where students are either doing collaborative work or teachers can work with students on individual progress and understanding.
Jurong Country Garden School
Address: No2, Qiuzhi Road, Economic Development Zone, Jurong City, Jiangsu Province.
Please see our website for more details and locations:
- A valid U.S. teaching certificate (preferably in English Language Arts and/or Social Studies or Social Sciences); or Canadian teaching certificate/degree
- A valid U.S. Passport or Canadian passport
Equal Opportunity Employer:
W-A-Y is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No W-A-Y employee will discriminate unlawfully against an applicant for employment or fellow employee because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, height, weight, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability which is unrelated to the person's ability to do the job, or any other unlawful criteria.
Upon hire and obtaining a work visa, candidates will need to provide the following documents: (all must be notarized/apostilled)
- Foreigner Work Permit Application Form
- Proof of Work Qualification（Reference letter- from employer/previous employer）
- Highest Degree of Schooling or the Certificate of Professional Qualification (post-secondary diploma)
- Notarization Materials for Highest Degree Certificate
- Criminal Record Certificate (background check) (within 3 months of application date)
- The Health Certificate issued or authenticated by the Exit-Entry inspection and Quarantine Administration or the health certificate issued by a foreign medical institution authenticated by Chinese embassy or consulate in the country where the medical institution is located
- Employment Contract
- Certificate of Teaching English（TEFL,TESOL,TESL,etc）or the Certificate of Professional Qualification (teaching certificate)
- A Recent 2-inch half-length, bareheaded and full-face photograph taken within 6 months
- Copy of Valid Passport
- Resume（including record of schooling and work experience）
- Registration Form of Temporary Residence Form will be completed upon arrival in China
*Highest Degree Certificate, No Criminal record certificate and Health Certificate need to be certified.