Seeking passionate, enthusiastic Athletics Coordinator to join our collaborative and vibrant PE team for the 2020-21 school year.
The Athletics Coordinator is responsible to develop the curriculum and oversee planning for the athletics and activities programs and to promote a healthy lifestyle.
At QAD the Athletics Coordinator will also be involved in teaching and developing the approved curriculum in area of expertise, managing student behavior, and carrying out teaching duties as outlined in the school handbook.
Athletics Coordinator is also required to Prepare and update the athletics and activities program budget and oversee program implementation to ensure achievement of set objectives.
Prepare and develop the structure for the athletics and activities program and a calendar that meets the needs of the students and the objectives of the school; this will also involve supervision of the ongoing delivery of all athletics and activities programs in order to ensure the quality of instruction, coaching and student development
Enforce faculty adherence to the Athletics Program handbook; recommend any needed changes to its content
Prepare an annual activity summary report detailing activities conducted and the budget used, in order to provide an overview of the year’s program activities to the administration
The successful candidate for this position will be willing to be part of a collaborative team who values kindness, builds strong relationships and demonstrates respect and integrity.
He / She would also be a part of the largest school in the QF family with over 1800 students, Qatar Academy Doha (QAD) is organized into Primary, Middle and High School divisions, with an Early Education Center for children as young as 6 months of age.
The school’s approach to education is through trans-disciplinary inquiry. We would be delighted to talk with educators who; understand how to build language skills across the curriculum, integrate technology to enhance learning, are able to effectively differentiate for a range of learners.
There is an expectation that you are a lifelong learner and you are willing to be innovative to help our school continuously improve.
Attributes & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, Education or other related field
• Teaching certification
• 6-8 years of full-time teaching and coaching experience; experience in an athletics leadership role preferred
• Excellent organization and planning skills
• Excellent interpersonal communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
• Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and communications and to articulate ideas clearly and concisely;
Arabic proficiency is an advantage.
• Willing to lead initiatives and put ideas into action
• Demonstrated evidence of successful collaboration
• Student-Growth Mindset
• Proficiency in MS Office applications
• Teaching Certification / Bachelor’s Degree (must be a face to face qualification - online qualifications are not recognised by Qatar);
• Teaching couples must be married as per Qatari work visa requirements;
• Clear criminal record and background check; Clear medical history for HIV, Hepatitis B and C, and Tuberculosis.
A single pdf document containing your letter of application, updated CV, copy of passport, scanned teaching qualifications and list of 3 recent direct supervisory references should be emailed to Mr. Steven D. Thompson, QAD High School Principal at email@example.com
Please note: We shall be interviewing suitable candidates as we receive applications and reserve the right to appoint before the closing date should a candidate be found.
All appointments are subject to the submission of the completion of a Safer Schools Recruitment form, attested qualification certificates and satisfactory completion of background checks, including police/DBS clearance, as appropriate.
Qatar Foundation Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and the vulnerable, and expects all who apply to share in this commitment. Offers of interview and employment will be subject to an enhanced background and criminal record check. All employees, volunteers, and visitors in QF schools are subject to the provisions of the QF Schools Child Protection Policy.