1. University Degree and advance training
2. North American certification and degree preferred
3. Minimum of three years' teaching experience
REPORTS TO: Principal and Director
INTERFACES WITH: Faculty, Support Services, Staff, Students, Parent Volunteers and Parents.
SUPERVISES: Assigned Support Services Personnel and Parent Volunteers
To create an enriched library environment that will motivate to students to read and treasure literature. This includes teaching the appropriate library skills that will enable students to utilize the library to greatest effect possible.
1. To create a warm, positive student-centered library.
2. To maintain an atmosphere conducive to study and research.
3. To prepare and present weekly library skill instructions to students in grades 4-6.
4. To develop and implement reading incentive programs.
5. To evaluate, select and requisition new library supplies.
6. To assist teachers in the selection of books and other instructional materials and makes library materials available to supplement the instructional program.
7. To keep informed teachers and other staff members concerning new materials.
8. To maintain a comprehensive and efficient system for cataloging all library materials and instructs teachers and students on use of the system.
9. To maintain an annual inventory of all library materials.
10. To work with teachers in planning those assignments likely to lead to extended use of library resources.
11. To promote appropriate conduct of behavior of students using library facilities.
12. To actively participate in the Literacy Committee and SIT.
13. To provide guidance to students in selecting books.
14. Arranges frequently-changing book-related displays and exhibits likely to interest those using the library.
15. To develop and enhance a technological component in the library.
16. To checkout and circulation books in the library, using Follet’s automated systems.
17. Assists as needed in the school as directed by the administration.
18. Compiles and prepares orders for books, audio-visual materials; periodicals and supplies etc.
19. Prepares an annual report to the administration on the use of the library by staff and students.
20. To work with the Tech department to develop a program for expanding the library into a modern multi-media center.
21. Keep the library open from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday through Thursday, 7:00 am until 2:45 pm on Fridays.
22. To prepare and administer the library budget.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Work day will be 7:30 - 3:00 pm. Wednesday s -4:15
Job performance will be evaluated by the Principals.