Seeking passionate, enthusiastic Lead Teacher to join our collaborative and vibrant PE team for the 2020-21 school year.
The PYP Lead Teacher (PE) is responsible to lead and support a team of teachers in the development and implementation of the curriculum in area of expertise, managing student behavior, and carrying out teaching duties as outlined in the school handbook.
Facilitate the development and implementation of curriculum standards; lead the implementation and development of the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program (PYP).
Monitor and manage curriculum documents; ensure completeness of scope and sequence documents, and ensure that unit plans and lesson plans are updated as required ; Ensure that classroom environments and team areas provide a supportive learning environment, and reflect student work and the school culture
Facilitate meetings that are focused on student learning, and model a collaborative planning process
Ensure the team utilizes best assessment practices; facilitate the sharing of best practice, including effective teaching and assessment methodologies
Identify, collect and analyze data to inform school improvement activities and lead the development of goals and action plans for school improvement
Monitor student progress across the team ; Foster and encourage team-building and shared decision-making among faculty
Facilitate team professional development via the Professional Learning Continuum ; Facilitate communication between team and other teachers, administrators, students, community members, and more; serve as a resource for parents
Work in partnership with parents in providing a quality education experience for all the children
Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons according to PUE and regulatory safeguarding requirements including but not limited to the provisions of the PUE Child Protection Policy
The successful candidate for this position will be willing to be part of a collaborative team who values kindness, builds strong relationships and demonstrates respect and integrity.
He / She would also be a part of the largest school in the QF family with over 1800 students, Qatar Academy Doha (QAD) is organized into Primary, Middle and High School divisions, with an Early Education Center for children as young as 6 months of age.
The school’s approach to Lower & Upper Primary education is through trans-disciplinary inquiry. We would be delighted to talk with teachers who; understand how to build language skills across the curriculum, integrate technology to enhance learning, are able to effectively differentiate for a range of learners.
There is an expectation that you are a lifelong learner and you are willing to be innovative to help our school continuously improve.
Attributes & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in education-related field or relevant subject matter.
• Minimum 4 years teaching experience teaching in relevant grade level or the relevant subject matter.
• International Baccalaureate PYP experience preferred.
• Outstanding interpersonal, leadership, and negotiation skills
• Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
• Excellent writing skills, with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and communications and articulate ideas clearly and concisely; proficiency in Arabic an advantage
• Computer literacy (word-processing, spreadsheets, etc.)
• Enthusiastic practitioners who are excited by growth and innovation
• Committed to the wider school life and co-curricular programme
• Willing to lead initiatives and put ideas into action
• Teaching Certification / Bachelor’s Degree (must be a face to face qualification - online qualifications are not recognised by Qatar);
• Teaching couples must be married as per Qatari work visa requirements;
• Clear criminal record and background check; Clear medical history for HIV, Hepatitis B and C, and Tuberculosis.
A single pdf document containing your letter of application, updated CV, copy of passport, scanned teaching qualifications and list of 3 recent direct supervisory references should be emailed to Ms. Marie A. Green, QAD Primary School Principal at email@example.com
Please note: We shall be interviewing suitable candidates as we receive applications and reserve the right to appoint before the closing date should a candidate be found.
All appointments are subject to the submission of the completion of a Safer Schools Recruitment form, attested qualification certificates and satisfactory completion of background checks, including police/DBS clearance, as appropriate.
Qatar Foundation Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and the vulnerable, and expects all who apply to share in this commitment. Offers of interview and employment will be subject to an enhanced background and criminal record check.
All employees, volunteers, and visitors in QF schools are subject to the provisions of the QF Schools Child Protection Policy.