NIST is looking for an effective and connected educator to join one of our committed elementary team. Experience in the IB PYP is preferred, but other relevant experience within inquiry-based environments will be valued.
• Support and be an active role model for NIST’s mission, vision and values.
• Support the academic, social and emotional well-being of students.
• Develop supportive and positive relationships with all members of the NIST community, including students, colleagues and parents.
• Have a passion for learning and a history of successful teaching with a strong focus on inquiry.
• Provide differentiated learning opportunities to meet the needs and interests of students to reflect our inclusive practices.
• Demonstrate flexibility to take on a variety of roles within the classroom to best utilize support services expertise.
• Contribute to the development of a positive and collaborative community of learners.
• Demonstrate effective and innovative teaching strategies in line with the school’s beliefs around pedagogy.
• Collaborate with colleagues in the planning process to develop stimulating and rich learning engagements within our conceptually driven curriculum.
• Understand and utilize formative assessment practices.
• Add capacity to the team through the sharing of ideas, practice, expertise and leadership.
• Participate in continued professional development activities to extend current knowledge and practices which support the school's teaching and learning philosophy.
• Contribute to the school’s extra-curricular activities programmes.
• Complete duties as defined by the school's leadership for the designated role.
• Perform duties in accordance with the NIST Child Safeguarding Code of Conduct and NIST Professional Code of Conduct.
NIST is an ambitious school with a mission to do our best for every student. We have a focus on achievement in the broadest sense, and a collaborative and inquiry-based approach is an expected feature in classrooms and also within the professional life of the school. Contributing beyond expectations and taking part in activities of the school are important to us, as are an open mind and a commitment to professional learning.