The EC teacher is responsible for creating a safe and caring learning experiences and environments in a play-based program. Each EC educator collaborates with a team of teachers and specialists and is able to guide and work with their partner teacher assistant. The successful candidate is required to have:
• Bachelor's degree (Master’s preferred) in Elementary and or Early Childhood Education
• Training in play-based pedagogy and child-directed program
• Prior experience in progressive Early Childhood education
• Minimum of two years experience as an Early Childhood classroom teacher
• Experience with student assessment and assessment practices
• Experience with High Scope or similar child-centered program
The Recruitment Team at CIS will be involved in the search for this position. While the deadline for submission of complete applications on Schrole is listed as February 15, 2020 below, candidates are asked to submit their full application and complete all necessary application steps as early as possible, as CIS reserves the right to close the selection process at any time if an ideal candidate is found. It is anticipated that a final selection will be made by February 2020, if not sooner.