Seeking passionate, enthusiastic Counselor to join our collaborative and vibrant Counseling team for the 2020-21 school year.
The Career Guidance Counselor is responsible for advising students in making academic and career plans.
Will also be responsible to develop a yearly calendar of programs that educate students and promote career discovery and facilitate personal planning
Administer tests that assess intellectual ability, academic achievement, special skills, aptitudes, and areas of personal interest; prepare reports of findings to inform students, parents, and teachers and facilitate career planning.
Identify any areas of weakness, and recommend and track corrective measures to ensure compliance and progress. Help teachers grow into a secondary role as adjunct career advisors; keep them informed of students career-related assessment results and encourage them to guide and support students toward appropriate career paths.
Work with universities to identify appropriate programs and institutions for continued studies; Support International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma program graduating students and liaise with their parents to ensure necessary work is completed.
The successful candidate for this position will be willing to be part of a collaborative team who values kindness, builds strong relationships and demonstrates respect and integrity.
He / She would also be a part of the largest school in the QF family with over 1800 students, Qatar Academy Doha (QAD) is organized into Primary, Middle and High School divisions, with an Early Education Center for children as young as 6 months of age.
The school’s approach to education is through trans-disciplinary inquiry. We would be delighted to talk with educators who; understand how to build language skills across the curriculum, integrate technology to enhance learning, are able to effectively differentiate for a range of learners.
There is an expectation that you are a lifelong learner and you are willing to be innovative to help our school continuously improve.
Attributes & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Education, Counseling, or other related field
• Teaching certification
• 2-5 years of full-time classroom experience
• Experience administering and interpreting psychological, academic, and career testing strongly preferred
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Strong coordination and organizational skills
• Strong writing skills, with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and communications and articulate ideas clearly and concisely;
committed to the wider school life and co-curricular programme
• Willing to lead initiatives and put ideas into action
• Demonstrated evidence of successful collaboration
• Student-Growth Mindset
• Proficiency in MS Office applications
• Teaching Certification / Bachelor’s Degree (must be a face to face qualification - online qualifications are not recognised by Qatar);
• Teaching couples must be married as per Qatari work visa requirements;
• Clear criminal record and background check; Clear medical history for HIV, Hepatitis B and C, and Tuberculosis.
A single pdf document containing your letter of application, updated CV, copy of passport, scanned teaching qualifications and list of 3 recent direct supervisory references should be emailed to Mr. Steven D. Thompson, QAD High School Principal at email@example.com
Please note: We shall be interviewing suitable candidates as we receive applications and reserve the right to appoint before the closing date should a candidate be found.
All appointments are subject to the submission of the completion of a Safer Schools Recruitment form, attested qualification certificates and satisfactory completion of background checks, including police/DBS clearance, as appropriate.
Qatar Foundation Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and the vulnerable, and expects all who apply to share in this commitment. Offers of interview and employment will be subject to an enhanced background and criminal record check.
All employees, volunteers, and visitors in QF schools are subject to the provisions of the QF Schools Child Protection Policy.