We are looking for an Upper School Learning Support Teacher to join us in 2019/2020 school year.
The Upper School Learning Support Teacher will:
- provide support to the Guidance Counselling team and teachers in the area of learning support services for students with academic needs.
- provide support for teachers in differentiated instruction.
- liaise with parents of students with exceptional needs.
- collaborate with the School Psychologist in assessing student needs based on psycho-educational reports and disseminate information to teachers.
- coordinate the arrangement of student accommodations identified by psycho-educational assessments.
- coordinate with the Lower School Learning Support team the successful entry of students from Lower School to Upper School (i.e. from Grade 5 to Grade 6)
- must have experience developing Individual Education Plans (IEP) for students with exceptional needs.
- must have experience with administering and interpreting individualized achievement tests such as, but not limited to, the Woodcock Johnson Tests of Achievement-Third Edition, the Wechsler Individual Achievement Test-Third Edition.
-It would be an asset to have an understanding of the Response to Intervention (RTI) model.
-It would be an asset to have experience leading a learning support team.
CDNIS reserves the right to make an appointment at any time, even before the deadline mentioned if an exceptional candidate is identified early in the process. For this reason, interested candidates are encouraged to apply at the earliest possible time.
Personal data is collected and used for recruitment purposes only.
ITFCP Statement of Commitment: Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.