Scope of Responsibility: Every teacher at AXIS is responsible for providing a safe and developmentally appropriate environment in accordance with AXIS program philosophy, school policies and procedures.
The vision of our school is that an AXIS student will be a bold and compassionate leader who engages in continuous learning. The teacher is responsible for ensuring that lessons are aligned, engaging, rigorous and relevant to each student. Feedback throughout the learning process is critical so that students can demonstrate mastery of their assessments.
The Math and Science teacher works in a highly collaborative department with Mathematics, Science and English as a Second Language. This position targets grades 6-9.
Engaging with the parent community is essential in insuring that each student can be supported at school and home.
Teachers are expected to work a total of 190 days (new teachers, 195), a minimum of 180 as student-contact teaching days. Responsibilities include attendance at school during set hours to teach, supervise and interact with parents, colleagues and students as well as curriculum-related workdays, parent meetings, and conferences.
Major Duties And Responsibilities:
• provide a physically and emotionally safe environment for children
• collaboratively plan learning programs within the approved curriculum framework with other teachers and administration
• keep accurate, up-to-date records and communicate with parents both formally and informally to discuss the children’s progress
• plan and implement extra-curricular after school activities (ASA).
• carry out other required duties for the good operation of the school
• utilize approved school systems to communicate, plan and archive units of work, activities and assessments
• attend and contribute to relevant school wide meetings and functions as required
• additional duties when requested by the Principal
Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Professional teacher certification for the relevant area of the school
• At least two years related working experience