Elementary Homeroom Teaching:
At SIBS the ES Homeroom teaching role is consistent with what would be expected in a traditional ES classroom in North America. The class sizes vary between 15 and 20 students.
- All core subjects are to be planned for and taught.
- Running records are utilized for reading progress monitoring and multiple other assessments are used in order to measure growth.
- The teacher should employ a high degree of classroom management, communication skills and curriculum knowledge.
- Planning time should be used to prepare programs for learning and for developing curriculum.
• Candidates in mainland China at the time being are greatly preferable for the COVID-19 situation
• Bachelor's degree with at least 2 years relative working experience
• Develop and implement effective learning programs
• Establish learning objectives and goals clearly
• Use various methods such as oral presentation, workshops, discussion, etc. for instruction
• Implement small group guided reading
• Utilize differentiation strategies to meet the needs of all learners
• Prepare lesson materials, homework, assignments, etc.
• Create an interactive classroom environment for students
• Develop classroom standards to maintain student discipline and behavior based upon Responsive Classroom principles
• Collaborate with grade level and division teams
• Create and administer grade level formative and summative assessments
• Administer standardized, school-wide assessments and participate in collaborative data analysis efforts
• Evaluate student performance regularly and prepare report cards
• Communicate regularly with parents on student performance
• Provide technical guidance and materials to substitute teachers
• Perform school administrative activities as and when needed
• Work with colleagues to identify and address student health, behavioral, and learning issues
• Conduct classes as per the designated schedule
• Carry out all professional responsibilities outside the classroom, including but not limited to: supervision, arrival and departure times, field trips, etc.
• Participate in the staff evaluation process, which includes self-reflection and administrative observations