NIST is looking for an effective, enthusiastic and collaborative teacher to join our Dutch team. The preferred candidate will have experience in the IB Primary Years Programme and must have either a Pabo Diploma (Bachelor of Education from the Pedagogical Academy for Lower Education in the Netherlands) or Diploma Leerkracht Lager Onderwijs (the Flemish equivalent of a Bachelor of Education in Elementary Education). If you are unsure whether you qualify for the job, please send your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org before applying on Schrole.
This is an excellent opportunity to become a part of the NIST academic community at a 44% teaching load with an attractive salary. Suitably experienced candidates will also be considered for additional substitute teaching if they wish.
• Pabo Diploma or Diploma Leerkracht Lager Onderwijs
• Experience in the IB PYP strongly preferred
• Experience in teaching elementary Dutch strongly preferred
• Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team
• Excellent communication skills
• Plan and deliver lessons using a range of teaching styles within a collaborative professional setting
• Adopt an active, engaging approach to delivering lessons
• Meet individual student needs and differentiate for a range of abilities
• Demonstrate understanding of how to teach receptive and productive content of texts
• Take part in language, literature or culture-based extra-curricular activities
• Implement positive behavior strategies
• Perform duties in accordance with the NIST Child Safeguarding Code of Conduct and NIST Professional Code of Conduct
NIST is an ambitious school with a mission to do our best for every student. We have a focus on achievement in the broadest sense, and a collaborative and inquiry-based approach is an expected feature in all aspects of learning and also within the professional life of the school. Contribution to the broader life and activities of NIST is important to us, as are an open mind and a commitment to professional learning.