The HS Math Teacher is responsible for educating young adults holistically, guiding them in the process of becoming learners who understand important ideas, grow important skills, and who are guided by principles and values. Integrating IB content into a rich, relevant context, the teacher will be an integral member of both the Math department as well as the grade level teams in which they teach. The candidate must be passionate about their students’ learning and their own. The successful candidate is required to have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Education or Math content area with Education credentials
- Specialized technical qualifications in the area of Math
- International Baccalaureate training in Math
- Training from an Education program or school with a US-based curricular focus specifically an integrated common core approach.
- Experience teaching IBDP Math and other High School Math courses
- Ability to differentiate instruction for all learners
- Prior experience in project-based learning or similar progressive pedagogy
- Minimum of two years of experience teaching in a US-based school or International School with US-based or International Baccalaureate curriculum
The Recruitment Team at CIS will be involved in the search for this position. While the deadline for submission of complete applications on Schrole is listed as February 15, 2020 below, candidates are asked to submit their full application and complete all necessary application steps as early as possible, as CIS reserves the right to close the selection process at any time if an ideal candidate is found. It is anticipated that a final selection will be made by February 2020, if not sooner.