Dalian American International School (DAIS) is seeking to fill a Middle School Humanities teaching position, teaching grades 6 and 7, for the 2020-2021 school year starting on July 25, 2020.
• A Bachelor’s Degree is required, as well as an accredited teacher certification in either English Language Arts and/or Social Studies
• Experience in teaching English language learners
• Teaching experience in standards-based curriculum, instruction and assessment
• Experience teaching Language Arts and/or Social Studies
• Experience with collaboration and co-teaching
Initial contracts are for two years. After completing the initial contract, renewal contracts are for one year. Benefits package includes a competitive salary, rent-free furnished housing, annual round-trip air fare to home of record, individual professional development allowance of USD $1,000, Chinese income tax paid by the school (equivalent of 25% of salary), relocation allowance, and visa procurement support.
Modern, western-style teacher housing is located on campus in a pleasant, gated community. Amenities include two gymnasiums, 25m pool, all-weather sports field, fitness center, tennis court, dance studio, Hungry Scholar Café, and access to the nearby Raffles Medical Clinic. The location of our campus, situated in the Golden Pebble Beach National Resort Area, promotes a healthy lifestyle; walking distance to the beach; and biking, hiking, and golfing nearby.
DAIS is accredited by Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
More information about the position and our school is available at our website, www.daischina.org. Specific inquiries may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.