The Brussels International Catholic School is looking for native English-speaking teachers in Primary for full-time and part-time positions.
The teaching in the Primary is bi-lingual English-French. It is organized as followed:
- English-speaking teachers are teaching English language and Mathematics.
- French-speaking teachers are teaching French Language, History and Sciences.
The Primary campus has the following classes: Year 2 (2 classes), Year 3 (2 classes), Year 4 (2 classes), Year 5 (2 classes), Year 6 (2 classes) and Year 7 (2 classes) for a total of about 250 pupils.
Bics follows the Cambridge curriculum.
The Primary School Teacher performs a range of tasks on a daily basis, which may include:
- Teaching English and Mathematics according to the Cambridge curriculum.
- Preparing daily and long-term lesson plans according to curriculum guidelines.
- Maintaining productive working habits and discipline in the classroom.
- Supervising students throughout the day, both in the classroom and outside during breaks.
- Attending staff meetings and training and development sessions.
- Assessing and evaluating students’ educational progress and abilities.
- Setting and conducting testing.
- Discussing students’ progress with parents and guardians, administrators and other professionals as necessary.
- Organising, attending and supervising school activities such as excursions, school concerts, camps and sporting events.
About the Brussels International Catholic School
The Brussels International Catholic School (Bics) is located at the heart of the European Area of Brussels. Bics is an independent co-educational day school with Pre- Primary, Primary and Secondary departments. We welcome about 650 pupils. We offer a bi-lingual curriculum (English/French) in the Pre-Primary and Primary departments which follows the curriculum of the Cambridge Primary Programme( CPP) and the Belgian accredited programme.
Bics is a Cambridge Assessment International Education center.
Please, visit our website: www.bicschool.be/en/