Salary: CI $49,000 - CI$59,000 per annum
The EC Learning Support Teacher supports teaching teams, students and parents to identify student needs and to articulate or develop appropriate interventions. The EC Learning Support Teacher conducts in-house assessments or provides referrals for external testing. The EC Learning Support Teacher will maintain records of student progress and any testing and will liaise with the SST teams in the other division, in particular with the elementary SST. The successful candidate is required to have:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Special Education
- Specialized technical qualifications and experience in Special Education
- Training from an Education program or school with a US-based curricular focus in Early Childhood education.
- Conduct assessments and identify when outside educational assessments are needed.
- Experience in guiding teaching teams and facilitating professional development.
- Able to create and conduct parent informational sessions for Early Childhood
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Preferred minimum of 2+ years’ experience teaching Special Education in a US-based school or International School with US-based or International Baccalaureate curriculum