Salary: CI$48,000-$57,000 per annum
The Elementary Reading Support Teacher is responsible for educating children holistically, guiding them in the process of becoming adept learners, supporting Elementary students with exceptional learning challenges and assisting teachers in the process of educating these students. Under the direction of the principal, the responsibilities of the position fall into two categories. As a teacher, the reading specialist is responsible for providing direct instruction to students, individually or in small groups, to enable students to develop literacy skills. As a literacy leader, the position is responsible for implementing a comprehensive literacy program at the assigned school through coaching, supporting, and guiding teachers in best practices for literacy instruction. The successful candidate is required to have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Education
- Specialized technical qualifications in the area of literacy and/or reading, writing
- Knowledge of learning theory in elementary reading.
- Experience in developing and delivering professional development to teachers.
- Ability to work cooperatively with professional staff, parents, and community groups.
- Training from an Education program with a US-based curricular focus
- Prior experience as a teacher in a standard K-12 educational setting
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience teaching in a US-based school or International School with US-based or International Baccalaureate curriculum