Islamic Studies Teacher
Seeking passionate, enthusiastic Islamic Studies teacher to join our collaborative and vibrant teaching team from G6 to Grade 11 for the 2021-22 school year.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and highly motivated qualified Secondary School Islamic Studies Teacher. (Being Qualified to teach Arabic Language would be an advantage)
The successful candidate for this position will be willing to be part of a hard-working, collaborative team, who value kindness, and caring, and the well-being of others. They will build strong collaborative relationships and demonstrate respect and integrity, in an enjoyable working environment.
• Work in partnership with parents in providing a quality education experience for all the children
• Coordinate with the grade level team and specialists, plans and delivers a program of study designed to teach the curricular standards, benchmarks and outcomes, while meeting the individual needs, interests and abilities of the student, for the enhancement of student learning.
• Conducting interesting, well-planned and well-paced classes, using a variety of instructional techniques, differentiation, strategies, and media appropriate to the lesson and the needs and capabilities of the students; Advising students on ways to improve and maintain performance.
• Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons according to PRE UNIVERSITY EDUCATION and regulatory safeguarding requirements including but not limited to the provisions of the PRE UNIVERSITY EDUCATION Child Protection Policy
He /She would also be a part of the largest school in the QF family with over 1860 students, Qatar Academy Doha (QAD) is organized into Primary and Senior School divisions, with an Early Education Center for children as young as 14 months of age.
The school’s approach to education is through trans-disciplinary inquiry. We would be delighted to talk with educators who understand how to build language skills across the curriculum, integrate technology to enhance learning and are able to effectively differentiate for a range of learners.
There is an expectation that you are a lifelong learner and you are willing to be innovative to help our school continuously improve.
Attributes & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in education-related field or relevant subject matter, graduating at a high level.
• Minimum 3 years teaching experience teaching in relevant grade level or the relevant subject matter.
• Ability to teach Islamic studies
• International Baccalaureate DP/MYP experience preferred.
• A certified teaching qualification, such as B.Ed, PGCE or equivalent (PGCE must be accompanied by a subject relevant Bachelor’s Degree)
• Teaching Certification / Bachelor’s Degree (must be a face to face qualification - online qualifications are not recognised by Qatar);
• Enthusiastic practitioners who are excited by growth and innovation
• Committed to the wider school life and co-curricular programme
• Willing to lead initiatives and put ideas into action
• Demonstrated evidence of successful collaboration
• Student-Growth Mindset
• Understanding that all teachers are teachers of language and different learning needs
• Qualified to teach Arabic Language
• Complete applications should be addressed to the Secondary School Principal, Mr. Steven D. Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please indicate clearly in your application which post you are applying for on your covering letter along with a CV & Safer recruitment form.
• The covering letter should have a statement of education philosophy, including an explanation of why you believe you are the right person for the position.
• We shall be interviewing suitable candidates as we receive applications and reserve the right to appoint before the closing date should a candidate be found.
• All appointments are subject to the submission of the completion of a Safer Schools Recruitment form, attested qualification certificates and satisfactory completion of background checks, including police/DBS clearance, as appropriate.
• Qatar Foundation Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and the vulnerable, and expects all who apply to share in this commitment. Offers of interview and employment will be subject to an enhanced background and criminal record check. All employees, volunteers, and visitors in QF schools are subject to the provisions of the QF Schools Child Protection Policy.
Salary and Benefits
• Salary is highly competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Benefits include a tax-free salary, housing, health, life and long-term disability insurance, annual home leave, shipping allowance, gratuity and tuition benefits for Pre-K – Grade 12 school-age dependents.
• Candidates wishing to learn more about Qatar Academy can visit our website at https://qataracademy.edu.qa/