This is a tentative position, and will likely only be filled in late spring if at all.
Elementary homeroom teachers are responsible for teaching language arts, math, science and social studies using an integrated, thematic approach. The United Lisbon curriculum is based on US common core, and NGSS (science) and NCSS (social studies) using the Common Ground Collaborative format.
We seek certified teachers excited about joining and helping develop a new school in the heart of Lisbon. With our vision to empower and inspire the young generation for a sustainable world, we seek to provide rigorous educational programs and instil skills and values the young generation will need to be successful in tomorrow’s world of the 21st century.
Consideration will be given to candidates who:
• Bring the excitement and ability to “build” United Lisbon in a team effort, developing its full curriculum, policies and structures that are needed for effective learning within a positive community;
• Have training and/or experience with the Common Ground Collaborative, Microsoft Innovative Educator Program, IBPYP approach, Understanding by Design (UbD), or similar innovative programs;
• Use student-centered instructional strategies and activities, including student-developed projects of interest;
• Approach unit and lesson planning in a thematic way, such as thinking about learning as involving “competencies, concepts and character”;
• Use varied forms of assessment to drive instructional decisions for individual and groups of students;
• Are comfortable and adept at integrating technology and digital resources inside and outside the classroom;
• Value, seek and use student feedback;
• Collaborate willingly with colleagues, administration, parents and students;
• Demonstrate initiative, grit and perseverance; and
• Demonstrate the desire for on-going professional growth.
Members of the opening faculty team (available from 10 August 2020) will have the unique opportunity to co-create a welcoming and interesting community, based on the work of skilled educators who have spent more than a year planning the basis of the school’s program. Excited, dedicated, innovative and collaborative educators are welcome to join us on this exciting journey of opening a new world-class school.
United Lisbon representatives will be interviewing at the ISS Schrole recruitment fairs in Atlanta (December 2019) and New York (February 2020). Preference will be given to candidates interviewed in person.