Qatar Academy Doha is seeking an MYP English Teacher. The successful candidate will join our team in Doha prior to the 28th July 2019.
We are interested in receiving applications from highly qualified and experienced teachers who have:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. All teachers being considered for specific positions should have the breadth and depth in the subject area for which they are being hired. Transcripts are to be reviewed for courses consistent with the grade level in which they will be teaching.
• PGCE, QTS or other valid teaching certification in area of instruction is required
• Minimum two years experience teaching MYP English or KS3, KS4 English
• Teaching across the whole Secondary age range
• Prior UK and / or International experience
Competitive Salary & Benefits package includes – shipping allowance at start and end of contract, fully furnished accommodation with all utilities paid (minus telephone), annual return home flights, transportation allowance, international and local medical insurance, all tuition fees paid for dependents (up to three) who meet the admission standards and attend Qatar Academy Doha, access to Qatar Foundation recreation facilities inclusive of swimming pools and fitness centers and one month salary for every year of service as end of contract gratuity.
A single pdf document containing your letter of application, updated CV, copy of passport, scanned teaching qualifications and list of 3 recent direct supervisory references should be emailed to Dr. Howard Menand, QAD Middle School Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit our website: https://www.qataracademy.edu.qa/
Skype Interviews will be conducted with short-listed candidates.
Qatar Academy Doha is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Appointments are made subject to appropriate vetting procedures and police checks.
Teaching Certification / Bachelor’s Degree (must be a face to face qualification - online qualifications are not recognised by Qatar); Teaching couples must be married as per Qatari work visa requirements; Clear criminal record and background check; Clear medical history for HIV, Hepatitis B and C, and Tuberculosis.
Aligned with all QF Schools, all members of the QAD community are responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons according to PUE and regulatory safeguarding requirements - including but not limited to the provisions of the PUE Child Protection Policy.
Early application is encouraged as Qatar Academy Doha reserves the right to appoint as soon as a suitable candidate is found.