Chinese International School (Hangzhou Campus) is seeking a native Putonghua speaker with strong English communication skills with knowledge and experience in curriculum development and classroom instruction. Degree in Chinese Language and Literature, Teaching Chinese as a Second Language, or related field, and capable of teaching Chinese as a First and Second Language. Prior experience in department head position is an advantage.
An ideal candidate:
1. Holds a teaching certificate in the related subject area.
2. Has at least five years’ teaching experience and a strong ability in curriculum design and implementation.
3. Is passionate about education and teaches with a love of children; can adapt to the working environment of a boarding school.
4. Exhibits enthusiasm, curiosity, and creativity
Major Responsibilities include:
1. Lead the Chinese team and be responsible for day-to-day operations and matters related to Chinese teaching and learning.
2. Lead Chinese curriculum development, implementation and regular review to ensure high quality of Chinese teaching and learning.
3. Lead the design and implementation of Chinese culture experiential learning programme.
4. Lead the Chinese team to explore appropriate pedagogy and teaching methodology to increase students’ interest in learning Chinese.
5. Assist in Chinese teachers’ recruitment and appraisal.
The school offers competitive compensation and generous professional development. CIS faculty are sought not only for their subject-specific expertise, but also for their dedication to teaching, their diverse talents and interests and their ability to support co-curricular activities.
To submit your application, please email your cover letter and your CV to Ms. Xie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Friday, 21st February 2020.