Reports to: Campus Principal and English Head of Kindergartens
Key Responsibilities: The key role of the kindergarten teacher is the holistic support ofstudents' academic, social, emotional and physical development
To match our education philosophy of 'Love, Care and Support', we are looking for teachers with experience of Reggio Emilia, Montessori, High -Scope, EYFS, Swedish preschool, Creative curriculum and any other holistic, play based and student-centric curriculum frameworks
Kindergarten teacher will lead the development of an enriching classroom environment to ensure children learn, explore their interests and develop their talents.
ROLE SPECIFIC KEY TASKS AND DUTIES
• Organising and managing the classroom environment
• Planning and carrying out programs and activities which target the holistic development of different areas of a child’s development,
• Preparing rich, sensory based and practical classroom materials.
• Recording, evaluating and maintaining student attendance records and grades.
• Follow campus schedules and routines to ensure children have enough physical and mental activity, rest and playtime.
• Watch for signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring these to the attention of administrators and parents.
• Keep records of the students’ progress, routines, and interests, and keep parents informed about their child’s development.
• Maintaining discipline in the classroom.
• Work with children in groups or one on one, depending on the needs of children and the subject matter.
• Collaborate with other teachers, colleagues and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of programs.
• Support the smooth running of the Kindergarten by performing allocated administrative duties which may include lessons to other classes as required for short term absences.
• Attend staff meetings and teacher training workshops.
• Be part of a campus based team for developing programs if required.
• Creating a vibrant teaching atmosphere.