Aldar Academies are currently seeking an inspirational school leader for the position of Principal at West Yas Academy in Abu Dhabi commencing Academic Year 2021 - 2022, or by negotiation for the right candidate.
West Yas Academy is situated on Yas Island, the home of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and Ferrari World, in a purpose-built campus with world-class facilities designed to provide learners with a future-focussed curriculum set in vibrant learning environments and equipped with the latest technology. The school delivers the US Massachusetts Curriculum, the most highly regarded US curriculum with close ties to Harvard and MIT.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidate will combine an excellent track record of successful leadership experience, developed in the US or internationally, with strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness with the ability to inspire the West Yas community and manage the demands and needs of all stakeholders. Exceptional communication skills combined with being a visible leader and ambassador for the school are central to this role. The role requires strategic thinking with a firm grasp of how to ensure outstanding teaching and learning across all phases of the school. Candidates must be committed to working in partnership with the local community and developing ways to engage with parents and forge effective partnerships with them.
The successful candidate will be closely aligned with the core values and ethos of Aldar Academies and West Yas Academy and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
• Strategic, operational, and financial responsibility for the school
• Strategic direction and leadership of school improvement
• Provide inspiring and purposeful leadership for the staff, students, and the wider community
• To develop a school improvement plan founded in a secure understanding of data and classroom observation
• Monitor and evaluate the performance of the school and the quality of teaching and learning
• Continue to maintain an environment that promotes and secures outstanding teaching, effective learning, high standards of achievement, and good behaviour.
• Develop and maintain effective links with the community including business and industry, to extend the curriculum and enhance teaching and learning
• Improve the existing system for the management of staff performance, incorporating target setting and individual development plans
• Continue to develop an organisation in which all staff feel valued and recognise that they are accountable for the success of the school
Please refer to the attached Job Description for more information.